Basic philosophies of complementary and alternative (holistic wellness) medicine include:
- Your body heals itself. Complementary and alternative medicine practitioners see themselves as facilitators. To them your body does all the healing work, and you only need sessions that will encourage your natural healing processes.
- Prevention is important. Your complementary and alternative medicine practitioner may wish to see you before you get sick to make sure you’re doing all you can to keep yourself healthy.
- Learning and healing go hand-in-hand. Your complementary and alternative medicine practitioner views himself or herself as a teacher and mentor who offers guidance. To the practitioner, you’re the one who does the healing.
Benefits of Holistic Wellness:
- Reduced Stress
- Increased Clarity
- Increased Energy
- Increased Relaxation
- Improved Circulation
- Reduced Pain/Discomfort
- Improved Sense of Well-Being & Mood
- Improved Sleep
- Relief of Tension
- Decreased Anxiety
- Enhanced Immunity
- Increased Resilience
- Release of Unhealthy Habits
- Increased Nervous System Function
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-46958902-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);